Wednesday, September 28, 2011

9 July 2011


9 July 2011

First off, thanks to Mom for the Big Band music cd.  I’ve missed Big Band music so much.

It’s my 4th transfer, almost my 6 month mark, and I’m trying to think of what’s different about me since I left home.  There are so many things I’m still not good at or.....whatever.  It’s like I haven’t been progressing at all in some areas and very little in others.  I want to come home a better person, but it’s been 6 months and I feel like I’m worse than when I left, now that I realize all the ways I wasn’t living the gospel at home.  I guess that might be what makes us better – acknowledging and changing what stops us from being better.  I feel like I wasted time last transfer and I hate having regrets.  I know I can’t afford to waste or lose time out here.

Sister Mg (my new compy) and I are serving at the Humanitarian Center and I have a new appreciation for how fragile we really are.  There are so many people in need.  And we can’t just throw money or blankets at the problem.  We have to teach people and help people become self reliant.  That’s the mission of the Church’s Humanitarian efforts.  If you, or anyone at church, has Humanitarian stories, I'd love to hear them and share them.  I talk a little bit about the baby quilts that we do in the ward, and I'd talk more about the Cedar Fire, but I don't remember much.  Maybe some people at Church could give Mom or Dad some stories and they could forward it to me.  Having personal experiences to share really enhances the spirit.

Sister Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment