Wednesday, May 11, 2011

25 February 2011 - MTC

Crazy week!  What with our Elders leaving, having a double p-day, and starting visitor center training - no rest for the.......missionary, right?  But it's been a good week.  Made so much better by your letters.  I'm really going to miss the daily Dear Elders once I get to the field.

News update time.  There are 13 sisters in my VC class: 7-Temple Square, 6-Mormon Battalion.  So now you have to go check it out and say hi to my friends at the same time.  Our 2 teachers are awesome.  Happy, energetic, kinda crazy but not overly annoyingly peppy, etc.  We have a lot more MDT (missionary directed time) in our new schedule.  If I weren't about to lose MDT altogether it might be....too much.  But it is nice to have more than the one-hour personal study.  Especially since I've started using that to read Luke.  I'm probably confusing you with MTC jargon.  Sorry.  It's hard to remember sometimes that we kind of speak a different language here.

I can't believe that Sunday will be my last Sunday in the MTC.  I love it here.  Probably because we can feel like missionaries without being out in the mean scary world.  It's like being in the temple - you're in a bubble and the world outside doesn't exist anymore.  I wish I could tell you every detail of my days.  You have no idea how hard it is that I can only share the smallest part of what I'm doing.  I regret all the days I answered "fine" when you asked me how my day went.

I mentioned that I'm reading Luke during personal study.  I was prompted with a need to read one of the Gospels - to read about Christ and read His words.  So a couple days ago I decided on Luke and started reading/studying.  I want you to know that I know that Jesus Christ lives.  He knows us and He willingly gave every thing for us.  He lived, taught and was crucified.  When He took upon Himself our every trial, sorrow and affliction, He saw our faces.  He knows individually how to help us because He atoned for everyone individually.  I love Him.  And I'm coming to know Him in a way I've never experienced.

Time to go.  I love you.

Sister Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment