Wednesday, May 11, 2011

22 February 2011 - MTC

Our elders left this morning. Depressing, but there's no time to be depressed here and life goes on. Plus they are going to do AMAZING work in Hawaii so I'm super excited for them. And Elder Brazee will finally be in South Africa by now, so all around it's an exciting day. (He had two 6 hour layovers. His total travel time was something like 30 hours. But he got to stop in Heathrow - awesome!)

Not too much else to say. Amazing musical fireside on Sunday. We sang some favourite hymns and became a real MTC choir for an amazing arrangement of Called to Serve. I still have chills. And I love being able to watch Music and the Spoken Word. Relief Society was great too, Jana Staples from the RS board spoke to us on the Holy Ghost. The more I hear the story of Christ and Peter walking on water, the more I love it. I'm excited for the devotional tonight - we're all hoping it will be an apostle this time.

Just got to the devotional.  There was a huge fuss over filming us as we walked in.  So of course "it's the Prophet" was being whispered everywhere.  But it's Patrick Kearon of the 70 and I'm super stoked.  Isn't he the one who gave the awesome no-flip-flops-in-the-desert talk?
Apparently you should watch for us "between Conference" in April - if I'm understanding the purpose of their filming us tonight.  By the way, it is the same man and I'm soooooo excited for this.  He's amazing.  He's only be in the 1st Quorum for a year!
He really is SO amazing.  The love and faith comes rolling off of him.  He just quoted Jericho Road, sort of.  Said "you are about your Father's business".  Wow.  Just wow. 

Tell everyone in Primary how much I appreciate the love and the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment