Sunday, May 1, 2011

2 February 2001 - MTC

Dear Family
Day 1 has (almost) come to an end.  Maybe the best way to describe it is by comparing it to the first day of EFY - only better....and more surreal. There are three bunk beds in our room, but only five sisters so far (one is flying solo for now - something happened to delay her companion).  My companion is great.  Her name is W__ and we're both going to Temple Square.  It's almost time for lights-out so I'll write more about my roomies and everything tomorrow.  Just know that I am going to be with a smile.

Day 2!  But it feels like this morning happened a week ago.  I love our district.  The elders are the best of the best and us girls are already sisters in every way.  We met our Branch President, his counselors and their wives tonight.  The Miller's are simply amazing.  We also met our other teacher.  We'll have the same two teachers for the next three weeks or so.  Br Bastien and Br Kirk are so inspiring.  We've already taught at least 3 lessons and acted as investigators a couple times.  The role playing is really helpful and it really is better to just jump in and start teaching.

There is so much to say, but not enough time to write it all.  I got a card from the Sunbeams this morning.  The have a picture of me in their classroom!  We write letters on P-day, which is Wednesday.  Emails are done when we have laundry time.

Time to close.  I love it here, even if it doesn't quite seem real yet.  Hugs to everyone.
Love
Sister Clayton

1 comment:

  1. Missionary here.

    My goodness!! This seems like a lifetime ago!

    ReplyDelete