Friday, October 7, 2011

22 September 2011

Way to go mom!  Huzzah for talking about the missionaries at work.  See?  It's seriously that simple. Of course with us, we add in teaching, but you'll get the hang of it. And when you find people like that here's what you do. Get their numbers and I'll call them, as long as I don't already know them. Seriously. I call, tell them you were thinking of them, I'm your daughter, this is part of my mission, teach a little to their needs, and invite to learn more from missionaries. I don't care how many people turn me down, I want to call more people. You can easily imagine that that's the hard part for me in this mission. Hate making calls. But it's incredible. And I want to call people in San Diego. Gets a little more trust right from the start if I know their area. Loved calling the guy from Irvine last transfer, so easy, and he really opened up. Anyway. Get phone numbers and start praying about which people at work, in the neighborhood (my friends can call), family, random strangers in Vons. Seriously. This is what we do. We're fulfilling prophesy with how we use technology to spread the gospel. So make your sheep list or whatever, but when you get numbers pass 'em on.

There's my missionary work for today. I've been telling Ricardo for weeks that the bishop can get him whatever help he needs. He's one of my investigators. Recently divorced, has a little girl, and they just found out that his finance is pregnant. He's the nicest guy really.

Gotta go.  We're having lunch at In-N-Out.  Yay!

Love
Sister Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment