Family and fellow bloggers,
What?!?! It's time for another transfer report already! When did that happen? Ah well, stuff happens, right? Time to dive into the list that everyone is now expecting. Let's get Worst out of the way, shall we?
TOP 5 WORST MOMENTS LAST TRANSFER WITH SISTER P:
- Realizing what it is really like to have your life flash before your eyes as a car comes zooming towards you.
- Being told how rude and insensitive you are for knocking on doors too late at night - continually. (at 8:09pm)
- Looking at the steady line of 0s across the "Investigators who attended sacrament meeting" section.
- Putting a dent in the fender because that little puddle was actually a substantial pothole.
- Hearing "Not interested. I'm Catholic." for the millionth time as the door slams.
Phew. Those are over. Next. Let's have some "best ofs".
TOP 6 BEST MOMENTS LAST TRANSFER WITH SISTER P:
- Hearing the word "Yes" follow the question, "Will you be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?"
- Being given cookies by Gail, a random woman we tracted into. (Down side: she wasn't at all interested. Still, she loves what we do and fed us :) )
- Meeting the Wrights (from Hacienda Hts) and hearing just a fraction of their stories. (and Br Wright cracking up at the fact my parents are from Covina)
- Having district meetings and most especially, district lunches with the funnest and funniest district of Elders. [Woot for Ugly Tie Day]
- Meeting a woman whose prayer was answered by the APs inviting her to church on Christmas Eve.
- Almost every dinner appointment with members.
There are so many more things I could write for that category. Eventually I'll be able to tell you about them all. For now, the Best for last.
TOP 10 FUNNIEST MOMENTS LAST TRANSFER WITH SISTER P:
- Sister Murawski yelling to her mom, "They're Elders but they're Girls!" (And everything else she says)
- Watching SHungerford and her Shih Tzu "Baby" have the funniest interaction I've ever seen between owner and dog. "I won't translate that!"
- Finally meeting Br Pitts....and receiving permission to use any of his guns if needed.
- Meeting the Mission President and his wife for a nice birthday lunch...at Subway....in Walmart.
- Hearing the beauty of the impromptu Priesthood choir on Christmas singing a song they didn't know.
- Realizing that what we thought were hovercrafts were just cars on an overpass that becomes invisible at night. And making a video about it. (Yeah, we knew they weren't really hovercrafts. But it made the video funny when she said that's what she thought they were)
- Reading what the Elders in our zone say to the question, "How would you propose to a girl?", and making up our own ridiculous, outrageous idea.
- Being told by our GPS: "Navigate off road".
- Listening to Mike Flood tell ghost stories.
- Hearing a member's "test-e-mon-e" for the third and fourth times - word perfect. And them being just as embarrassed each time it's shared in public.
Well, there they are. And now it is time for bed. Zone Conference tomorrow, so we'll be in Albany from 9am to 4pm. Joy.